Trippin’ Down To New Orleans
Vacations are much more interesting than work. Now, if I could only get a job that allowed for fifty weeks of vacation, and two weeks of work…
Interesting facts about Nawlins:
- If you begin your trip at the Illinois/Wisconsin border, by the time you reach the bottom of Illinois you’re over halfway to N.O.
- I spent four days there, and never ate twice at the same restaurant. And I never had a bad meal.
- If you plan to go to sleep before 2 A.M., don’t stay at a hotel on or near Bourbon Street. The music doesn’t quiet down ’til 2.
- Take the Haunted History tours, wherein you’ll learn the movie Interview with the Vampire isn’t historically correct, and that Marie Laveau was really a spymaster.
- Rush hour traffic on N.O. highways sucks just as much as it does back home, wherever that may be.
- Lucky Dogs will not give you indigestion.
Song A’ Th’ Week.
No, it’s not “Battle of New Orleans”. I offered that one back in January. Today’s selection is made in anticipation of the most feared American holiday, April 15th.
From the album Roses For Mama