I was checking out the American Gramaphone web site this weekend, and I've noticed that they're making some changes. I could be wrong, but it looks as if they (A.G.) are changing their name to 'Mannheim Steamroller'. At least, the URL is changing to www.mannheimsteamroller.com.
I was there, verifying the link to The Real McCall: An American Storyteller. But I can't seem to find it! There is still a "Friends & Family" section, but C.W.'s CD doesn't seem to be listed. I have posted inquiries about these changes.
Miscellaneous items that have been occupying my waking moments...
Convoy: The Game. Yet another board game. Trucks used for tokens; movement determined by a spin of the 'CB dial'. Possible action cards: "Bear in the Air. Lose one turn." "You're in the rocking chair. Hammer down for three spaces."
You Know You're A C.W. McCall Fan When
- ...you drive into the side of a feed store, just so you can brag about it.
- ...your job at the local golf course includes flattening gopher mounds with a CJ-5.
- ...you commute to your job via Black Bear Road.
- ...three times a day, you face Audubon, Iowa and pray.
- ...in the winter, you refer to your driveway as 'The Riverside Slide'.
The C.W. McCallculator. Gives the distance between any two points of reference in C.W. McCall songs.
In "Classified", C.W. bought a '57 Chevy pickup from a guy named Bob. C.W. drove the Chevy to the Conoco station. Whatever happened to the vehicle in which C.W. drove to Bob's?
Thanks to Steve Mizar for bringing up that question.
Surfin' With The Rubber Duck
- Audubon Iowa Facts and Information, City of Audubon, Iowa City information. The town where it all began, back in 1928.
- Iowa Attractions. Roadside America. Albert, the World's Largest Bull.
- Welcome to Audubon County. A history of the area.
Happy Birthday To Bill
Just a reminder: only three weeks until the anniversary of Bill Fries' birthday, which is 15 November. You can write to him at P.O. Box E, Ouray, CO 81427-0589; but anything sent to "C.W. McCall, Ouray, CO 81427" will find its way to Bill. He'll be 71 this year.
Song A’ Th’ Week
(C.W. McCall, Bill Fries, Chip Davis)
From the album The Real McCall: An American Storyteller